Legal Question in Disability Law in North Carolina

as a dental asst. who and where do I report a dentist for incompitant treatment of patients,.and if i do report and get fired what rights do I have. If i don't report can I be held liable

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

You probably need to consult with a lawyer in your area regarding your potential liability and your rights if you are fired. An incompetent dentist would generally be reported to the North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners. If you were fired for reporting incompetence, then you might have a claim for wrongful termination in North Carolina (for being contrary to public policy). It is difficult to see how you could be liable for failing to report. Again, you would be well-served to consult with an attorney in your area with further information.

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in North Carolina