Legal Question in Administrative Law in North Carolina

CPA examination

I submitted my exam application and received a rejection stating that the envelope was dated after March 2, 1998 and this is their reason for denying me the right to sit for the May 1998 exam. I have proof that my envelope was dated on 2/27/98 by a US postage mark. The only other thing is that a reference incorrectly dated the signature date on 3/2/98 instead of the actual date he signed it, which was 2/27. Can I be denied to sit for the exam under these circumstances? What type of recourse do I have?

Daniel Meek Daniel W. Meek

Questions re Exam, etc.

I know nothing about the rules for CPA exams. Perhaps there is some right to due process, if the exam is given by a government agency or is required by a government agency for licensing purposes.

My question to you: How can you have proof consisting of the envelope you mailed your application in? Didn't you send that envelope to the examiners. Perpahs you have a photocopy of it. Is the "postmark" a postage meter? Not too reliable. And how could you have even a photocopy of a stamped, postmarked envelope that you sent to someone else?

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

Line Number: 122

More Administrative Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Administrative Law Legal Forms