North Carolina  |  Administrative Law

I was recently contacted by a company named United Health Group. The weird thing is that they contacted me by text message and wanted to do an interview over yahoo instant messenger. So I went through with the interview. I was told, The funds for the software will be provided for you by the company via check,the check will cover for the software as well the equipment for your mini office ..... make sure you use them as instructed for the software okay? The other weird thing is that the phone number that I received the text from, I did a reverse phone number look up online and found that it was from a land line in Texas. I was told that the company was located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. So I thought that it was kind of strange to get a different number from another state. I wanted to know if you think that this is a scam?

Answered on: 4/14/13, 8:07 pm by Bob Bollinger

Yes, most likely.

Bollinger Law Firm PC 601 East Fifth Street, Suite 250 Charlotte, NC 28202