Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in North Carolina

Can there be any legal recourse if a neighbor harassed you so much you snap say a theat (out of anger) you go to jail for that.Is there anything we can do as she alwyas is the provector to me?

The legal recourse was to argue provocation as a type of defense (show that she was the aggressor) in defending the criminal charges. I suppose that you could enjoin her civilly from harassing or speaking to you. She may not be likely to respond to a court order though. Laws and orders aer for the law abiding and she does not seem like the type to abide by the law. However, you communicating a threat to her was definitely not a good idea.

In the words of Rodney King, "can't we all just get along?" Leave her be. If she goes outside, then you walk inside your home. Or ignore her comments. Or wear ear plugs. Or put up a privacy fence, consistent with your municipal regulations. Or just stay away from her. Failing that, move.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms