North Carolina  |  Construction Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/18/11, 2:28 am

I hired a contractor to install kitchen cabinets and lay hardwood floor. The work is messy and not finished. and he was over paid because he said 1 of the checks did not clear, later found out they both did. I am sure he took our copy of the contract, I left it on top of the refrigerator. I now have to pay 1000 dollars for new crown molding and labor to the origional cabinet makers to fix his work. Can I sue him? with no contract?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/18/11, 5:08 am by Jeff Rosner

You do have a contract - it is just oral instead of written. You can sue him.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Rosner Law Firm P.A. 1301 Larkhall Court Cary, NC 27511

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search