North Carolina  |  Construction Law

NC-I have a pending lawsuit involving my home. The defendants are looking to enter the premises under Rule 34 of the NC rules of civil procedure. I am trying to get a clear understanding of Rule 34. The defendants atty sent a letter requesting to come inspect parts of our claim and asked me to provide dates of convenience. My atty is pressuring me to give dates even though they have not given a list of what is to be inspected. My questions are...Do they need to first file with the courts?...Do they need to supply the "list" prior to me providing the dates?...Once they provide the list, how long do I have to respond to them with dates?...If I have to give them the dates first, how long do they have to respond with the list? I thank you in advance.

Answered on: 12/06/12, 11:36 am by Kenneth Love

Hopefully without sounding snarky, you need to speak to your attorney. If you have an attorney and you feel like you don't understand the law, you need to speak to him/her. If you attorney is not serving your interests, you need to speak to him/her about this. It is concerning for a person to have an attorney and then ask questions of other attorneys. It usually indicates the relationship is damaged or worse.

Ken Love Law 3410 Healy Drive Winston Salem, NC 27103