Legal Question in Construction Law in North Carolina

Work done in yard

In 1999,we had a septic tank installed.We have had nothing but problems with it since.In our yard our tank sets up high,which it's not supposed to be like that.The man that installed it didn't put enough dirt in our yard.You can see the line

and when it rains the smell is sicking. I asked him for more dirt and he never brought it out.Is it too late to have something done about this matter.Is there a statute

of limitations in a case like this.We

have had so many problems with this and now it will take about 2,000 or more to get our yard right.I just want the man to come and correct the bad job that he did.

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

Re: Work done in yard

There is generally a six year "statute of repose" for claims arising from "improvements to real property." Based on the limited facts given, there appears to be a good chance that your claim is beyond this period. You may want to consult with an attorney to explore your options further.

More Construction Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Construction Law Legal Forms