Legal Question in Consumer Law in North Carolina

I bought a used car less than 48 hours from a dealership ago and the check engine light has already came on. I was told the car would pass North Carolina inspection and it wont. What can I do? Is there anyway I can get my money back?

Asked on 7/11/13, 5:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John O'Neal O'Neal Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should contact your local NCDMV License and Theft office to see if an Inspector can assist you in having the dealership to pay for any repairs and work needed for your vehicle to pass inspection. A vehicle sold must have a valid inspection at the time of sale. Not sure if you would be able to obtain a refund but this is a situation that requires swift action on your part. You may want to contact an auto fraud attorney for a consultation as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 7:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now