Legal Question in Consumer Law in North Carolina

I was given a verbal quote of $890.00 to repair the fuel pump on my and was told this would get me back on the road. I was called the next day by a technician who informed me that I needed a new engine and it would cost me $4000.00. When I offered to pay for the towing and diagnostic and would have it towed off their property, I was informed that I still had to pay for the fuel pump even though it did not repair my car. Please inform me of my options,if any.

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Unfortunately if the repair was made even if it didn't fix the problem, you have to pay for it. Sometimes mechanics are not able to diagnose the exactly problem perfectly.

To get out of paying, you would have to prove that they knew the fule pump would not fix the vehicle or that the fule pump was not defective and they knew that which will be very difficult.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Consumer Law Legal Forms