North Carolina  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/22/00, 9:36 pm

Stop Payment of Check

How do you collect monies owed for automotive repair when the customer agreed to the repairs but decided it cost too much and stopped the payment?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/23/00, 12:52 pm by Jennifer Green-Lee

Re: Stop Payment of Check

You will institute a legal action against that customer. Depending on the amount owed, this can be done in either small claims court, district court, or superior court. Simply put, you have them served with a complaint for money owed. (I am assuming that you have already allowed them possession of their auto.) If you can prove that the customer truly agreed to the repair work then you have a great lawsuit. Even if you are unsure about proving this, you can still get the reasonable value of the benefit conferred (i.e., a car that is now fixed). Please reply to me directly if this does not make sense. Thanks for the questions, Jennifer L. Green-Lee

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Beaver & Green, P.A. 498 NC Highway 42 West Clayton, NC 27520

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search