North Carolina  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/21/13, 12:47 pm

I was charged with a crime I did not commit but I have a criminal record. The officer who charged me with this crime was recently fired for lying during an investigation of misconduct stemming from an unrelated complaint. I have also filed a complaint against this officer. What will happen to my charge?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/21/13, 1:39 pm by Amanda Houser

The district attorney will decide. They could press on with the charges, offer you a plea bargain or dismiss the case. However, just because an officer's integrity may have been compromised in an unrelated matter does not necessarily mean the district attorney will not or can not use the officer as a witness.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Houser Law Firm, P.C. 1007 Hargett Street Suite 2 Jacksonville, NC 28540

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search