Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

I was convicted of a misdemeanor marijuana citation this past february (caught with one marijuana joint) in the state of North Carolina. I wasn't arrested just written a citation. Anyways, being such a small amount of marijuana.....this is already giving me alot of trouble when applying for jobs. This is devastating to me. Is there anything I can do to keep this conviction hidden from public viewing AFTER being convicted?

Richard Culler Culler Law Firm, P.A.

yu have fallen into the classic trap of thinking yu could handle your case w/out a lawyer...yu now have a misd. conviction on your record which you may not be able to expunge...there are circumstances where you could have a misdemeanor expunged, but they are fact specific...i could tell you whether you qualify in 5 minutes (or less)...if expunction is not an option, then you can only try to attack the conviction by a motion authorized by statute...yu now have to get a lawyer...you certainly can contact me or any other attorney you are comfortable with to find out what to do...good luck

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina