Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

My friend has been in prison for 14 years and has 4 left. She had 2 sentences box-card for robbery. Im trying to have her case re-opened but the clerk of court is telling me there is no motion of discovery, I thought it was required to have a motion of discovery because this shows proof of evidence. I dont understand. I know I will be getting a lawyer but im just trying to figure out if I have a bases here with there being no motion of discovery.

Asked on 9/05/13, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Get an attorney, you might be mixing up certain types of actions. In any event, if she was convicted, there are very limited causes to "reopen" a case. The proper method is to appeal, which should have happened over a decade ago.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/13, 6:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now