North Carolina  |  Criminal Law

I honestly cannot understand our justice system. A man receives 120 years (Life) for raping pigs. Yes its disgusting and inhumane. But on the other hand A man rapes his 3 year old daughter and gives her two STDs but he gets 20 years and only servers 15. How in the world does this make sense? Both happened in the same state, Mississippi. Can you explain any reasoning behind it?

Answered on: 5/23/13, 7:42 pm by Amanda Houser

'Mississippi' pretty much explains everything for me - no real surprises there. But North Carolina is just as whacked. You can kill a dog in NC and its a misdemeanor but if you beat the dog its a felony - go figure. If you are over the age of 25 and haven't figured out that especially in the 'good 'ol boy' south, a big component of our justice system is that you get as much justice as you can afford - then basically - there's something wrong with you.

The Houser Law Firm, P.C. 1007 Hargett Street Suite 2 Jacksonville, NC 28540