Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

My husband and I filed a police report for indenity theft, for an account that showed up on his credit report that we did not recognize. After filing we later learned that the account was actually ours. We were then given citations for filing a false police report. Neither of us were trying to be deceptive at the time of filing the report, and learned we made a huge mistake. We do not have any prior criminal history. We want to know if hiring an attorney is best, or what the sentencing will be based on the info. we have given. Thank you for your help!

Asked on 10/01/13, 10:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Clarke Dummit Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office)
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Definitely hire an experienced criminal defense attorney. From your posting it does not appear that you committed a crime.

Read more
10/01/13, 10:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now