Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

long forgotten

I have a case still open from 1989 assault with a deadly weapon (automobile) which I was told that it is filed as a misdemeanor. I am now in need of assistance in clearing up this matter. I moved to another state afterwords for fear of my life. My employment (security officer) now requires a background check. I need help in clearing this matter up from my past.

Asked on 10/03/08, 12:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Hoyt The Law Offices of Christopher W. Hoyt
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: long forgotten

You will need to come back to New York and appear in court with your attorney if there is an outstanding warrant on this case. Depending on the circumstances there may be additional charges brought against you, but I would need more information in order to give you a full assessment. Please feel free to contact my office if we may be of any assistance in this matter.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/08, 2:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now