North Carolina  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/21/11, 11:07 am

A few months ago,while using the bathroom at walmart,my ex put some things in my purse.I walked out with it not knowing.adam and i were both arrested for larceny.The security saw adam do it but he had me arreste.That charge is still pending. What do i do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/30/11, 4:49 am by Richard Culler

I just was retained for the exact same facts yesterday (was it a Wal-Mart?)....anyway, you need to ask for appointed counsel or retain an attorney in your area to defend the case...I don't know how old you are, but if you care about your criminal history, you need to win this case...otherwise, you will have a criminal record for the rest of your life...I will say that if you have a clean record, you may be able to apply for Deferred Prosecution in your in Charlotte, Deferred Prosecution is used regularly to resolve cases involving folks who have no criminal is used routinely in misdemeanor cases as long as the alleged victim does not protest...complete the program and the charge is dismissed; takes all the risk and money out of the minor charge...but, you have to complete the program successfully...

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Culler Law Firm, P.A. Suite 212, 212 N. McDowell St. Charlotte, NC 28204

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search