Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

Prayer For Judgment

My brother recieved a prayer for judgment in july 2001. The charges were for second degree tresspassing and injury to real and personal property. he also recieved vountary dissmissals for misdemeanor stalking. Shouldn't these come off his record after either 2 or 3 years? He has had 2 speeding tickets since then, would that have affected the removal of these charges? If the should not be showing up on his background check, how would I go about fixing this, the lawyer that he had has been no help and actually very rude. He can not get a job because of this being on there and I can not support him so this matter is very urgent to me. Thank you very much.

Timothy Burch Burch Law Office

Re: Prayer For Judgment

Getting a PJC is not the same as expunction of records. Your brother may qualify for an expunction depending upon his age at the time of conviction and depending upon whether he had other charges against him prior to the conviction and/or after the conviction. You need to talk to an attorney in your area that handles expunctions

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina