Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

If someone who is a property manager gets my SSN and uses it for a tenant screening without my permission is that legal?

the criminal background info from the tenant screening was then used against my fiancee in custody court, to say I shouldn't be around the kids because I am a convicted felon (not a sex offender or violent offender) but I never even applied for an apartment with this company nor did I give anyone my SSN or permission to use it.However the property manager is the children's father ( a special forces solider) she is his new wifenew wife. so he asked her to run the screening for him. I still do not know how they got my SSN

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

I believe you got good answers to this on another site. Get an attorney and call the police and report identity theft.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina