Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

My wife would like to obtain a gun permit to protect our house and herself when I am not at home. I travel a lot with my job and she is often home alone. I was convicted of a felony possession of marijuana (7 grams) 24 years ago. I might add that I have not had any arrests or convictions since then and completed undergrad and grad school. Is it possible for her to obtain a permit with me being a co-owner and occupant of the property.

Asked on 4/06/13, 12:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Clarke Dummit Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office)
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, she is permitted to own a gun, you just need to be careful not to be in possession of it. However a better option would be to see if you qualify for an expungement of your conviction so that you can also legal possess a gun. Contact Brian Simpson at my office for more information of possible expungements.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/13, 12:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now