North Carolina  |  DUI Law

Got DUI 5 hours after drinking 7 beers. How?

I had 7 beers max. I started drinking at about 10pm, stopped at 2am. An officer who knew I had been drinking the prior evening, saw me driving the next morning at 612am, stopped me and arrested me on susp. of DUI. I blew a .09 at about 715am. The prior evening I had went home ate eggs and toast along with a glass of milk and had 2 glasses of iced tea that morning. I did not in the least bit feel any effects from the alcohol from the night before or I would not have driven anywhere that morning( I did not drive home that evening). I have never had a DUI. My question is, is it possible to accept the penalty for a DUI and have the charge dropped to a careless driving? I don't own a vehicle and if I loose my license for a while thats ok. What are the any criteria for having the charge reduced to careless driving?

I have a long term liver disease, could this have anything to do with the high reading? I am 5'6 and weigh 180. I just don't understand how the reading was so high. And I am sure of the amount I drank, I didn't forget about ANY of the beers I had.