Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina

I have a friend serving time for Habitual DWI in NC. She has a pending case for dwi in Virginia. Can this be tried while she is in prison?

Asked on 5/16/12, 7:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Clarke Dummit Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office)
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The State of Virginia would have to get a Court Order for her to be Transported to Virginia, then proceed when she is present in Court. She needs an attorney in Virginia to help protect her rights there.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/12, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now