North Carolina  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/01/04, 11:05 am


My son was convicted in NC for second offense DUI. He is currently on a 2yr. probation and is not scheduled to get his license back until 2008. He is in rehab. in NC, due to be released in late Dec. or early Jan. We have been told that his probation can not be transferred out of the state of NC. We, his parents, live in VA and feel that he would be better off with us once he gets out of rehab. because he has no place to go in NC and no way to get around to find a job since he has no license. If he could live with us here in VA, we could supervise his activity and see that he gets back and forth to a job. Could he live and work in VA, but still meet with a probation officer in NC?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search