North Carolina  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/12/10, 9:19 pm

Today, my cousin, myself, and one of my friends were charged with underage consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a state park. A state ranger was on a drive through and saw the beer on the table (Mike's Hard Lemonade). We were very cooperative in giving correct information ect. He didn't watch us consume it nor did he do any field sobriety tests. I had consumed 2 and was waiting for the short buzz to wear off before I drove us home (the park had 4 hours until close). My cousin will only be in North Carolina for 2 more weeks before she returns to California, therefore she is missing the court date. We were advised by the ranger to call the District Attorneys office tomorrow about our situation. It's $25 for the underage drinking but $152 for the court costs. Is there any advice I could have about getting the charges on both my cousin and myself completely dropped, or at least reduced? (I figured Drunk Driving & DUI was closest to this situation)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search