North Carolina  |  Elder Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/22/11, 7:37 am

I am 75 years old and my wife is 71, our house is paid for and I would like to know how to transfer ownership to our son with me and my wife having life time rights to live in house. Also I would like to know how to keep the state from taking my home to pay nursing home fees if they should accur.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/22/11, 7:44 am by Cheryl David

It is important that you see an attorney to do this transfer correctly so that the concerns you addressed are handled legally. Improperly transferring the property could have devastating repercussions if care is needed in the next few years. Please contact our office (336)547-9999 or choose an elder care attorney through

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Cheryl David 528 College Road Greensboro, NC 27410

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search