North Carolina  |  Elder Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/12/04, 12:00 am

Elderly couple taken advantage of!

an elderly woman had a stroke and was put in the hospital. She could not speak for a while. A cousin of the elderly lady came over with her husband and got the elderly woman's husband who is in his 90's to sign a paper turning over his property to them. The man had no idea what he was signing and was not aware that his property would no longer be his. Somehow this cousin was able to without a signature of the elderly woman gain power of attorney over her estate and has wiped everything out of her bank account. She took her check book and would not give it back, had all of their monthly checks being sent to them. This couple lives in Virginia but the couple who took everything live in North Carolina. They told this elderly couple that they were going to take them back to a rental house beside them after she came out of the hospital for a few days. Well a few days ended up being weeks and they would not let them come home or have a phone to call anyone. People were told no visitors for 30 days from Virginia. They are home now but with no money in their account and all property signed over to this other couple. They have no money or anything now. Can they get this revoked or get their property and money back????

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search