North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/22/13, 9:40 am

16 year old runaway..from another state having issues with adoptive father who has custody. went to another state where from personal knowledge at 16 they can't make em come home...has been there more then 30 days wants to stay there and start school but is worried they'll come get him and make him go back to adoptive father. home state says at 17 he can't be made to come back in which he turns 17 next month. need advice on his situation and best course of action. biological parents know his whereabouts and know he's safe but neither have custodial rights. will he have to go home and face the music or can he start school and move on with his life?????

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search