Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Change of Custody

I would like to pursue a change of custody and have my son live with me. I am a female in the military.My son has lived with his father since I went to Korea ona one-year remote. When I came home on mid-tour, he made me sign a release saying that I would not try to take my son with me to Korea--I couldn't and even if I could have, Korea is not in my opinion a place where I would have wanted my son to be at that time. It was just an excuse to deny me seeing my son, I think. We also signed a formal separation agreement at this time. My husband said I would not see my son again if I didn't sign the papers so I signed them. I was not represented at this time as I had been sending all of my money home less $200.00 for my husband and my son. We've been divorced now for more than 3 years but I am still drug through the mud when I want to see my son. He does not return my phone calls and I can only see my son when it is convenient for him. I drive 650 miles one way just to visit with him and if he wants me to sign something, he'll withhold visitation until I do so. I have documented most everything and have taped phone conversations of me crying and having to beg for visitation while he laughs. What are my options?

Asked on 2/10/99, 4:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alexander M. Rosenfeld Rosenfeld & Stein, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Change of Custody

I urge you to seek counsel.The office of the Judge Advocate Genereal should provide you with the aid you need. Also the Florida Bar has a committee to assist service personnel in these matters. It is Operation Stand-by supported through the Military Affairs Committee of the Bar. Make use of it.

Alexander M. Rosenfeld

Rosenfeld & Stein, P.A.

18260 NE 19 Ave

Read more
Answered on 2/24/99, 2:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now