North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/28/98, 8:42 am

Child Custody Visitation

My wife has alleged false allegations of domestic violence against me.

I immediately filed for divorce and requested child custody of my two girls ages 2 and 5 years.

My spouse finally consented to a court order to allow me to see my girls in March 98. She has not allowed me to see my girls since October 97 when I was ordered to vacate my home.

I have been struggling to fight the system to see my girls every since she took out a restraining order against me.

My question is that she has not complied to the order, which states that I should have the girls every other weekend. However, she has not kept up her part of the bargin.

What are my legal rights to enforce her to abide by the law?

Can I have her arrested? If so, what will be the incarceration period?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search