North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/15/03, 10:02 am

Child Support

My husband has a 12yr old daughter by a former girlfriend. They were never married or lived together as a family, they had broken up before the birth. The decided to work out support between themselves and not go thru the court. Mainly, because he had a support order for twins and she felt she wouldn't receive as much money. At the time both lived in MD area. She has since moved to NC and we live in PA. She is now threating to take him to court for child support, the twins are now 18, and she wants more money. My husband makes about 30,000 a year, we estimate she makes more than he does, probably around 35,000 or more. He pays her $300 a month, and is still paying for the twins, he had arreages and that won't be finished for another year. We also have 2 sons now. Can she take him to court and get back support for the last 12 years? We really don't want to go to court because of this risk. She is also married now.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search