North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/24/09, 2:25 am

child visitation

i have not seen my two sons,8&10, in 2 years and havent had any steady visitation with them in 4yrs. ex-wife claims assault and abandonment even though i continuously sent letters and tried to have contact with them as she moved from place to place without letting me know where they were living. i never got an attourney during the divorce and never went to any of the court dates.i used drugs and drank to combat depression.i know i acted irresponsibly and probably deserved to not see them. i have since caught up on my child support and am ahead on payments. i have since remarried and have a 9month old child with my new wife. i am desperately trying to make things right and be a good father to my sons. i need to know if i still have rights as a father and if i may be able to get visitation with them after being a deadbeat dad for so long. also during my search for them i found her apartment and broke a window trying to get her to talk to me. i know i was out of hand but i was distraught and angered by her lies of abuse. a police report was filed and i have never heard anything about it since but it was in a different state(nc, i now live in sc)do i even have a chance in hell of ever seeing them again??? please help if possible!!!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search