Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My father passed, his will gave all to his wife (not my mother). She passed 3 months later. I was named in the will as beneficiary if her death preceeded my fathers'. A family member insists that the rights to the property reverts back to me because it is a titled property, not a deeded property. Is this correct? The property is in South Carolina, I live in North carolina. I am being asked to sign a renunciation of rights for the family member, can I do that?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You need to speak to an estates attorney because w don't have enough facts here. Was the property titled to you? if not, then the property being titled is irrelevant to your question.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina