North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/23/13, 5:19 am

My father passed, his will gave all to his wife (not my mother). She passed 3 months later. I was named in the will as beneficiary if her death preceeded my fathers'. A family member insists that the rights to the property reverts back to me because it is a titled property, not a deeded property. Is this correct? The property is in South Carolina, I live in North carolina. I am being asked to sign a renunciation of rights for the family member, can I do that?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search