North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/24/12, 12:02 pm

Me and my husband are still married, while I was over the road driving, he ran off with our son to illinios and wont let me see him. What can I do to get my son back? Also I want a divorce from him too. What is the cheapest was to go about this and get my son back asap? thanks

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/25/12, 7:34 pm by Judy Tseng

If the child has not been away from NC for over 6 months, then NC is still the home state, and you would file a custody action against your husband in your county. This is assuming you know their address in IL. If not, you might have to hire a private investigator to track down his address. As for the divorce, you would typically have to wait until you have been separated a year to file for an absolute divorce. Best wishes to you. If you need a referral to a family lawyer in your county, please let me know the county in which you reside.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wake Law Office 3800 Paramount Pkwy. Suite 130 Morrisville, NC 27560-6950

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search