North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/28/04, 5:10 pm

Incarserated fathers rights for visitation

Does a father serving time in the State of NC have any rights of visitation for his child? The child was born after father was incarserated and birth mother and father were not married. There has been a relationship between the father and child during the past 4 years at prison visitation. The mother has decided child will not be allowed to have any further relationship with the father. Is there anything legally the father can do to be allowed to visit with the child during the remainder of his term. Does the father have any rights at this time or will he have to wait until he is out of prison to see his son again?

Thank You

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search