Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

my mom and dad are divorced and my dad is supposed to pay child support but hasnt for a few years what should i do

Asked on 10/23/13, 6:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You really can't do anything because you don't have what is known as standing even though you are presumably the beneficiary of the child support. Your mother however, should biddy bop down to her local child support enforcement office. They are slow but if your father is working a legitimate job they will eventually get him paying and most likely catch up the arrears. Another option would be for her to hire an attorney. This has the potential to be a bit faster but will certainly be more expensive.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now