Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Would it cause more problems in my custody case if I were to pick up my daughter from her preschool that her mother just placed her in a month ago. Her mother has kept her from me for a month now, and court is on the 30th. She is in virginia and I live in north carolina, my lawyer hasn't helped at all with an agreement of custody yet.

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

This question is kinda vauge. When you say 'pick up' do you mean pick her up and keep her with you? If so, yes this most likely will cause you problems. Don't do that. Even if you mean pick her up for a visit, it could still cause problems if you do it without the mothers permission. Besides most schools won't let you pick your daughter up if you aren't on an approved list. Your best bet is to wait until the hearing on the 30th and try an establish at least a schedule of visitation.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina