Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Separation and divorce

I have a friend that was married in North Carolina in 98. In 1999 she left the state and moved to Ohio to get away from being abused. It has been 6 years now and the husband will not give her a divorce. He has been living with another woman for the past 5 years. Every time she has talked to him about the divorce, he refuses to do anything about it. What are her options to get a divorce?

Asked on 12/13/04, 9:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Sommer Law Offices of Rick J. Sommer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Separation and divorce

Your friend has resided in Ohio long enough to file for a divorce in Ohio. She does not need her husband to initiate the process.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/04, 9:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now