Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

in the state of north carolina if me and my girlfriend dont have a custody agreement and i decide one day my daughter is at my house not to let her mother take her back is that against the law?

Asked on 3/15/11, 7:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Diane Littlejohn Littlejohn Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Are you listed as the father on the birth certificate? Nevertheless, it is always best to begin a custody action and get a custody order signed by a judge before taking the child to live with you and refusing to give her back.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/11, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now