North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/16/04, 9:48 am


I was married in 9/03; left running from my husband in 3/04. I spoke to him last night and metioned that the divorce should be already finalized and that it was uncontested. I live in NJ and he is in NC. I called the city clerk to see if i have been served; but they say I have not at least not through his county. I am trying to see what my next step would be in finding out the validity of his words. He does not have an address for me and probably does not want one. He does not provide me with any information as far as this goes. He suffer's from Bi-polar disease and left me out on the street; I think that the time I was married to him he owe's me some kind of restitution; I need guidance as far as my next step in this case I do not want him to divorce me without my knowledge.

Please advise

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search