North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/28/04, 1:38 pm


My husband has primary custody of his two daughters. In order to get custody, their Mother would not sign the consent order unless juristiction stayed in NC and she didn't have to pay child support. Since then we have moved to Utah and then California because of work. Their mother has only gotten the kids for one out of the five visitations she has had so far. The children do not want to go to NC to visit their mother this summer even though she says it's her ''right''. The kids are angry at her, they even hate when we make them talk to her on the phone. They talk to her side of their family but they say their mother doesn't treat them right (child protective services were once called on her). We don't know what to do. I talk to their mothers sister and she says she would be worried about them if they went,the NC sheriff's dept. say my husband would be a bad father to send them. What should we do? What would happen if we didn't send them? We can't afford to fly to NC to go to court if she sues us.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search