Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

I have been in a 3 year relationship with a man that I fear is coming to an end. We both live in the state of NC, but maintain seperate townhomes. During the course of the relationship, we purchases several household items, with my money, that I would like to have returned to me. The items were purchased after a marriage proposal was offered, and were purchased because I thought we would eventually be living together in one household.....his, mine or one we found together. The items are currently in his townhome. If the relationship ends,do I have any legal right to ask that they be returned to me?

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

if you paid for the items with your money prior to a marriage, they are yours. The question becomes, since they are in his possession, is he going to argue that they are gifts.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms