North Carolina  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/09/13, 9:58 am

Can a dissolved North Carolina Corporation be sued to recover from its former insurance policy? The corporation was insured at the time it committed the violations, but soon after dissolved. If it matters the violations were HIPAA violations. Any citations would be useful.

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/09/13, 10:00 am by Kenneth Love

Yes. Under NC law, you have to sue the insured directly to get to the policy. I recommend you speak to a business attorney to discuss the proper method to sue the dissolved corporation to get to the insurance proceeds.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ken Love Law 3410 Healy Drive Winston Salem, NC 27103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search