Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

Harrassment/Libel/State License

Grandmother lives in North Carolina.I live in CA.Gran is remarried. She wrote me a check so I could ''hold'' some money in case of emergency. Husband finds out: he is vicious w/anger. He has demanded that I return the $, has threatened me w/lawsuits, police action, (has already filed a police report in NC) Calls me at all hours w/threats and insults. Husband is alcoholic (common knowledge). No word from Grandmother. What action should I take?

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: Harrassment/Libel/State License

I don't know what the law is in NC, but the last time an out-of-state alcoholic was in the habit of making harassing phone calls, etc. to a client of mine, we were able to persuade the local public rehab in his town to involuntarily commit the guy for several months. I would contact the state or county department of alcohol and drug programs in his locality and ask them if that is possible.

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

Re: Harrassment/Libel/State License

Why don't you just called Grandmoth and tell he what is going on? And second, why do you need to "hold" money in case of an emergency? Was it a gift of was it to be held for Grandmother. Is grandmother thinking of getting a divorce and asking you to hid assets for her?

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms