Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

I purchased a dog that was advertised as akc registered which turned out not to be akc registered. I didnt receive a receipt for the dog or the papers that were promised. I have text message and call logs to prove that they were indeed guaranteed. I put in a complaint to the bbb after I looked up the name of the company in google based off the address and shortly after received a call from the owner of the business threatening me with a defamation lawsuit because he said he never did business with me. Although I have the dog, text message logs, phone call logs, and internet documents with his phone number advertising the sale of the dog, he refuses to acknowledge anything to do with this transaction and flat out denies that he even sold the type of dog I was looking at. I did not deal with him directly but I bought the dog from his daughter at the address of his business. What kind of lawyer do I need to defend myself and possibly prosecute him for false advertising?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Consult with a general civil litigation attorney in your area. It is very possible that you made a deal with the daughter who was not authorized to complete sales for the business and was conducting her own personal sale.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms