North Carolina  |  Insurance Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/01/13, 8:52 am

My roommate wrecked my car. She didnot ask for permission. However she usually drove the car if she was working and needed to go pick up something, cans, fixable items,etc. I have full coverage. Can a lawyer get

them to pay? I didn't know she even had the car! I'm a retired, single teacher. Please help!

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/01/13, 9:18 am by Brent Adams

If she was "usually" driving your vehicle for her commute and personal needs, that would be recognized as consistent and regular use. In which case, she would need to be added as a driver to your vehicle's insurance policy. Was she required to ask to use your vehicle prior to using it each time? Does she have her own auto insurance policy? More information is needed to adequately answer your questions.

Let us know if you have questions for our Raleigh car accident lawyers.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Brent Adams & Associates NC Personal Injury Lawyers 3200 Wake Forest Road, Suite 275 Raleigh, NC 27609

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search