Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in North Carolina

In North Carolina if a teen of 16 ran away from home but had a stable place to stay can he/or she be brought back by a police officer?

Asked on 8/28/13, 12:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, 16 year olds cannot choose where they wish to live. The only way to do this is to be declared emancipated. You need assistance from a family law attorney if you wish to do this.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 6:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now