Legal Question in Employment Law in North Carolina

My job violated its bereavement policy and wouldn't allow me time off for my grandfathers funeral, a WW2 vet. I am wrecked with heartache and guilt for missing his burial and 21 gun salute. Can I take legal action?

Asked on 4/25/13, 10:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to consult with an employment attorney in your area. Unfortunately, unless you have an employment contract, you don't really have a right to any of the benefits the company offers unless they allow or deny such benefits in a discriminatory manner. You may have a infliction of emotional distress claim, but those claims are very difficult to prove and win.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/13, 5:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now