Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in North Carolina

Me and my boyfriend signed a lease in march but our relationship turned violent. I want to be signed off the lease but my ex won't agree and expects me to still pay bills. What options do I have?

Asked on 9/06/13, 4:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If he has harmed you and/or you feel like you are in danger, go get a "50b" civil protection order. Once you have this, you have the right to demand that the landlord let you out of the lease, or that your boyfriend be removed from the home.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 5:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now