Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in North Carolina

I recently paid my rent on 5/3/2013.My next rent is due and paid today 6/3/2013.This past Sunday morning 6/2/2013 I receive a notice in my door from management that I have a balance due.I've paid rent on time every single month for the past 6 years,almost 7years come 10/2013.I want Doreka Crandol of Carolina cove to explain how she think that I owe a balance or have a balance.According to the suspicious notice there is no month,date or year showing the month that I supposed to have this mysterious and questionable balance.Is fraud and embezzlement being practiced within the Carolina Cove Management? I think so.Need help with this one to prosecute and bring justice to Carolina Cove.

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

I would not bring a big issue to something where 1) there may not be one, and 2) you may not be able to prove any embezzlement.

All you need to do is get receipts/proof of your rental payments showing you paid on time and take them to the office. If they refuse to correct their ledger, then see an attorney. Probably a year's worth of receipts should be enough.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in North Carolina

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms