Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in North Carolina

I signed a one year lease for $625, on the 15th of Oct 2012, move in date Nov. 1 2012. I lost that leasing agreement, they also signed a leasing agreement with hud/section 8, for more then what we agreed to, I just recently found the first agreement and saw that there was a different rate for rent, they went up to $675 which meant more came out of my pocket because hud/section 8 covered $600, meaning I had to pay the differences. I didn't realize it until I found the original agreement and compared the 2. Which agreement is binding?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

The agreement that you can prove is binding. I suggest you go to your Section 8 worker and has him or her what lease they have...that's the lease they will operate under. Section 8 is only allow to approve leases that meet their housing/rental standard

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in North Carolina

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms